Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 12 months ago

I have a mouse on my rented room. Need advice on how to kill it?

So I pay for a rented room in London. I can t afford to move out and get another place.

I ve lived here for 7 months and this is the firdt time I ve ever had a problem. The landlord got s pest control person but all he did was place rubbish boxes with poison in them and it doesn t seem to be working. Whst can I do or buy? ( UK stores only ) ad I can buy them instantly and set hem up. Unless anyone else has a different solution.

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

Purchase some mouse traps which you can get from any hardware type store like Wilkos they come in packs of 4 or 6 and are very cheap, set them around the mouse path, so edge of the wall/furniture and bait it wirh chocolate, cheese or anything else you have at hand.... you have lots of American answers and they seem to have peanut butter at hand, which is rarely something that UK household have...you certainly can use that if you already have it but you certainly don't need to buy it as mice eat almost anything

Mouse traps work great.

Get yourself a little box of plaster of Paris or common cement and mix it with peanut butter and a little bit of flour and moisten it well put it in a dish with a quarter of an inch of water in it so the stuff will stay a wet paste and put a few dishes of it around. Mice can't resist this mix. The mouse will eat it and the stuff will turn hard and its stomach and you'll be rid of the mouse. you can try putting mouse traps out with little pieces of bread right in the center of the mousetrap that works too

Everyone had seemed to recommend penut butter lol.

Also we do have traps in the uk at stores. Just unsure on what's the best but I guess I could always ask the workers.

• rmm

Do they have good old fashioned mouse traps in the UK - little block of wood with a spring loaded bar to trap the mouse? Put some peanut butter on the trap (harder to steal than cheese) and set a few around areas where the mouse is likely to be (and your toes likely NOT to be) and wait.

good old fashioned spring mouse trap baited with peanut butter ...............................

Go get a mouse trap and bait with some peanut butter. Your mouse will likely be dead by morning.