Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 6 months ago

Could hypothyroidism be causing my symptoms?

I just got my blood work back and it shows my TSH out of range only very slightly. I have been experiencing palpitations for several months now and am currently taking atenolol for it, which works well unless I drink coffee. But I also experience internal vibrations. The palps and the vibrations mostly happen at night, usually when I m awakening in the morning. I have had tests to see if my heart is causing these symptoms - EKG, echo, and a Holter monitor - all of which were basically normal. I do have anxiety. So this could be causing the symptoms. Should I have more thyroid tests to rule this out since it runs in my family?

Favorite Answer

Ask the doctor. Sounds like classic anxiety issues, not thyroid. Under-active thyroid symptoms generally include low energy, fatigue, dry skin, and weight gain. Not a racing heart. I've never heard of those symptoms related to low thyroid, but I'm not an endocrinologist.

• Andy C

Your hypothyroidism is due to your poor diet high in sugars, which could also be causing your brain problems, or at least is exacerbating them.

Poor diet poisons the liver which causes other organs to dysfunction and ultimately fail.

Do you think sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar and juice are food?

There you go. They're actually all as poisonous as alcohol.

Feel lied to?

So did I.

Source(s): "Sugar: the Bitter Truth " on YouTube "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.

I have been diagnosed hypothyroid for nearly 30 years. My mother was also. 2 of my sisters are as is one of my nieces. Never heard of anyone experiencing what you are describing due to this.

Sounds more like your anxiety.

Nope.................................