Car went into neutral while driving now won’t start. What’s up?

I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. Basically this guy merged into my lane which caused me to brake to avoid hitting him. My dog accidentally hit my gear shift and it went into neutral without me realizing it. I revved up to about 7000 RPMs and realized I wasn’t accelerating because I was in N. A whole bunch of lights... show more I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata.

Basically this guy merged into my lane which caused me to brake to avoid hitting him. My dog accidentally hit my gear shift and it went into neutral without me realizing it. I revved up to about 7000 RPMs and realized I wasn’t accelerating because I was in N.

A whole bunch of lights came on the dash and I pulled over to turn off the car. Now it won’t start. Jumps don’t work. Lights and radio still works.

I got it towed to the shop and they said it was a blown motor??? How the ****? I’m at a bad spot in my life at this point and this car makes my life much easier..

I haven’t really thought anything thru because I can’t think right now.

Someone please tell me what is up with my car and give me some damn hope for god’s sake. Thanks guys and please.