Will 2 beers a day damage my liver and/or kidneys?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Not if you are a chubby man.

• 12 months ago

Doubt it but alcohol is a hard drug so you’re playing with fire.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

ITS POSSIBLE .... have BLOOD TESTING for KIDNEY and LIVER FUNCTION ..... as in ACR ( albumin and creatinine ratio) and a GFR (glomerular filtration rate ) for kidney function ALT & AST for liver function both measure enzymes that indicate LIVER DAMAGE related to albumin and bilirubin

to see TODAYS levels and once a year to see if any change results from consumption of alcoholic beverages for ones personal medical status

per MERCKS medical manual STATS show about half the men that drink more than 8 oz of ALCOHOL a day for 20 years WILL develop CIRRHOSIS of the liver - ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE

Source(s): www.merckmanual.com
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

No, not just beer..........

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

There is no guarantee it won't. All of us have genetic predispositions and won't find out what we have until it is too late.

Alcohol will damage your liver, your kidneys, your brain cells, and may cause diabetes. It is a cumulative effect, but with heavy drinking the problems show up sooner.

Last year a global study changed the advice about drinking .. finding that NO amount of alcohol is safe to drink. Not even moderate amounts.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45283401

• Lv 6
    12 months ago

Nah, well within the recommend limit of 2 standard drinks a day for men.

• blank
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

It depends on the person. For some it may. For some it may not.

No one knows for sure. Everyone is different.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

WILL? No.

MAY? Yes.

Will you die? Yes. So you might as well enjoy whatever lifetime you get.

• 12 months ago

Doubt it, I generally drink 2-4 a day, and when I was younger drank 8-12 a day and my liver is still fine.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

doubtful .. its also doubtful you will keep it at 2 beers .. you know the old saying - play with fire get burned ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.