Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 11 months ago

Do you live in harmony with wildlife?

Raccoon, boars, lynx, black bear, etc.

mostly, simply because I have no interaction with them whatsoever. I am not a big fan of the massive racoon that lives nearby and comes up on my deck once in a while, but we are not in conflict. The local fauna seem to accept me and I accept them. My cat, however, is not very harmonious in action when it comes to rodents and birds, and I suppose given that the cat is part of this household, that incompatibility falls onto me by association.

I definitely try to minimize causing problems for other life, whatever its nature (including humans). Some plants and I are in a running battle, I suppose. They keep showing up, and I keep cutting away. Other plants I encourage and help.

I certainly try to, and with great respect, even those pesty flies that humans could not survive without.

The spiders are welcome in my place and feel connected to nature getting small wildlife to come visit me and I treat them in return. Hand feeding a fawn. letting a black bear smell and give me the once over.

All wildlife I have to share my world with and a happier place when done in harmony.

Some few I would not miss to extinction like bedbugs, they are NOT my friends like the cute carpet beetles.

I win the big lottery, I would open a vast nature preserve and sanctuary and simply live with my friends.

They don't bother me, I don't bother them.

• RockIt

Yes, but my car is always a threat to wildlife. I do everything not to hit anything. You'd be surprised but many people don't care, do nothing to minimize the chances, and simply roll right over anything. Its nuts.

• JimZ

I have three cats that seem like it. I have 4 Koi that are like other fish. I have hummingbird flowers and feeders. I have seeds too. I have lots of spiders. I had a Cooper's hawk nest across the street. I walked by a skunk this morning and saw a raccoon crawl into a storm drain. I haven't seen a coyote in a month or so. I love it when I see wildlife but I live in Long Beach, CA so wildlife is kind of limited.

Yes I am currently living with alpaca's, because their pee is delicious!