promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Would you like to know how much I get in welfare?

Rent stipend $1303

Food stamps $353

Wic $150

Cash assistance $1100

Also get Medicaid, child health plus, and a preschool voucher

Are you angry?

Update:

$400 a month in child support

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Why would I be angry that you have so little money? What is that? Like $3,000 a month? I got to Las Vegas at least 2 times a year. And I lose more than $3,000 in an hour.

That's what? About $35,000 a year? I buy a new car every year and pay more than that for it. I paid more than that every year for my kids to go to college.

Maybe YOU should be angry that you get so little money. It must be just awful to be poor like that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

That's why I'm voting Trump 2020.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You didn’t mention why you were on wellfare.

But only the truly disabled should get angry about this. It’s gotten to the point were they can’t get help because able people are sucking the system dry.

• y
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You make more then my adult son who works. Must be nice.

Back around 1990, working full time I was making just over 30 thou. One who received full benifits in the state of Ma, was taking home the equivalent of 34 thou. I'll never forget those numbers, wife, first kid, working my *** off, for what? That what was a decade later making 6 figures, buying a hone, having a second child and such.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I can't get mad until I understand why you are getting such in benefits.

If you were say a returning veteran who took a wound and is now disabled, I wouldn't be mad

If you had an illness or injury that makes you disabled, I wouldn't be mad.

If you were a single mother who had a husband abandon you, I wouldn't be mad.

Basically if you had a need that met the criteria for receiving those benefits, I wouldn't be mad.

If you were somehow defrauding the system on the other hand and are getting more than your fair share...now I would be mad.

BTW...Child Support isn't paid from the state, it's taken out of the wages of the spouse (either willingly or by court order) and paid to the state and then diverted to you. You'd be better off not mentioning that.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

All you are is a waste of space

Lv 7
    10 months ago

No.

You apparently get $2,906 monthly in benefits. That's not bad, assuming you don't have to work. That's 34,872 a year. But most people get even more money (and self-respect) by working.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.