Is it too late to renege on resigning my lease? Is a picture of a signed lease legally binding? Milwaukee, WI?

I initially meant to resign, however things have happened to where I may not be able to afford it right now. I signed the lease and sent her a picture of it, but I haven’t paid the security deposit and never gave her the hard copy of the lease.

Wisconsin has a 72 hour rule, I believe, where either party can back out of a contract. Beyond that, you are probably subject to the terms and conditions of the contract and the mercy of the other party.

Your game playing will not work in your favor in court. Judges do not take lightly to people who play games with people.

Depending on the specific terms in the lease, it could be

https://www.justanswer.com/law/7p2gh-photos-signed...

A lease/ lease renewal is legally binding the minute you sign it. If that was a legal signature or not would likely be up to a judge. E-signatures online are legal so it is possible that can be as well.

• LILL

A verbal lease is binding if it can be proved. The photo of your signed lease is more than enough proof.

No. Your lease isn't valid until it is mutually signed. And if you haven't submitted your signed hard copy, it can't be mutually signed. Tear it up.

Going to be up to the landlord.

probably, but talk to the landlord, a smart LL will let you out if you can't afford it..with a reasonable penalty.

LL can print the pic and sign it....

honestly, this will be one for the courts......

A copy/picture of a signed lease is a legal document.