Is it too late to renege on resigning my lease? Is a picture of a signed lease legally binding? Milwaukee, WI?

I initially meant to resign, however things have happened to where I may not be able to afford it right now. I signed the lease and sent her a picture of it, but I haven’t paid the security deposit and never gave her the hard copy of the lease.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Wisconsin has a 72 hour rule, I believe, where either party can back out of a contract. Beyond that, you are probably subject to the terms and conditions of the contract and the mercy of the other party.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Your game playing will not work in your favor in court. Judges do not take lightly to people who play games with people.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depending on the specific terms in the lease, it could be

https://www.justanswer.com/law/7p2gh-photos-signed...

• 6 months ago

A lease/ lease renewal is legally binding the minute you sign it. If that was a legal signature or not would likely be up to a judge. E-signatures online are legal so it is possible that can be as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LILL
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A verbal lease is binding if it can be proved. The photo of your signed lease is more than enough proof.

• 6 months ago

No. Your lease isn't valid until it is mutually signed. And if you haven't submitted your signed hard copy, it can't be mutually signed. Tear it up.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Going to be up to the landlord.

• 6 months ago

probably, but talk to the landlord, a smart LL will let you out if you can't afford it..with a reasonable penalty.

LL can print the pic and sign it....

honestly, this will be one for the courts......

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A copy/picture of a signed lease is a legal document.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.