Why does English only have one expression to describe affection for someone while Italian has three ?

Just "I love you" and that's it for everyone ? Italian "Ti Amo" for your loving partner or love interest "Ti Voglio Bene" for your mom, dad and close friends "Ti Adoro" for someone you really like but don't know personally, like a singer or actor etc If an Italian... show more Just "I love you" and that's it for everyone ?

Italian
"Ti Amo" for your loving partner or love interest
"Ti Voglio Bene" for your mom, dad and close friends
"Ti Adoro" for someone you really like but don't know personally, like a singer or actor etc

If an Italian says "Ti Amo/I love You" to his mother she will look at him and say "Wait what ?" lol

I'm talking about direct expressions, I know you can say "You mean a lot to me" or "I care about you" etc but these are sentences and not expressions.
Update: Yeah! that is the literary translation but you don't say "I wish you well" to your mother but "I love you". That's the point. Ciao :)