Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 months ago

Questions about travelling. Please answer?

I have booked tickets via Skyscanner to go to Portugal from London (where I live). After spending a week in Portugal I want to go to Spain straight after Portugal. Unfortunately I am so stupid. I didn’t think about it and I booked a ticket back to London. Do airlines allow you to change flights to another country ? I am taking Ryanair to Portugal and arriving back to London with Wizz Air.

I want to go to Spain after visiting Portugal.

Also, if I go to Portugal FROM London and I decide to cancel my flight back to London, would I still be allowed to board the plane if I don’t have a return ticket back to London? Because if I can, I want to cancel my ticket back to London with Wizz air and when I am in Portugal I want to book a ticket to Spain.

Would it be possible to do that? Does anyone have experience of this?

• MS
    Favorite Answer

It depends on the terms of the ticket you purchased. You will usually have to pay a change fee, as well as any difference in fare, if a change is allowed. There are some tickets that cannot be changed or refunded in any way. Only the airline can tell you for sure, so you need to contact them.

An onward ticket is what is necessary when traveling internationally - not necessarily a return ticket. Countries want to see that you are planning to leave, and when.

Yes - but there'll be a cost. It might be cheaper just to buy a new ticket to Spain