Taking propranolol for anxiety?

I have pretty bad social anxiety issues that I’ve been battling for the past few years. I’m leaving for college and I don’t want my anxieties to get in the way of me making friends and participating in class. When I get this anxiety, my body starts overheating and I develop red blotches on my neck and chest that... show more I have pretty bad social anxiety issues that I’ve been battling for the past few years. I’m leaving for college and I don’t want my anxieties to get in the way of me making friends and participating in class. When I get this anxiety, my body starts overheating and I develop red blotches on my neck and chest that usually last until I’m calmed down which is super annoying and not to mention embarrassing. I did my research and learned about propranolol and talked to my doctor and she prescribed it to me. So far it has worked great and makes my body feel calm in these situations. However, I’ve heard that overtime it’s affect starts to wear off. Is there anyway to prevent this or another medication that could help with this issue more long term? Thanks!
1 answer 1