Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 11 months ago

How can I clean my ears without q tips?

I run out of q tips and find my ears disgusting. Does anyone know how to deep clean ears and remove all the ear wax without using q tips?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

I use [the round end of] a hairpin. It scrapes out the wax very nicely and doesn't just push it farther into the ear like a q-tip does.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Stand in the shower. Water temp above body temp. Lightly run the water stream in your ear for about a minute. All clean good for two weeks.

• Kerri
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

Mix some warm water and hydrogen peroxide (about half and half) then get a syringe and fill it with the solution. Use syringe to gently drop some of the solution in each ear (best to lie on your side and do one ear at a time so you can lie still while the solution loosens the wax..about ten minutes on each ear). It really will loosen up wax and cause most of it to drain out when you are done. (Put a towel near your ear and just let it run out). This is very safe and can be done as often as needed. We used to do this with kids at the pediatric office I worked at for years.

Source(s): Nurse
  • Jr
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

If I were you I would use a soft cloth or some cotton if possible. I would definitely get some Q tips though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

There's an old saying "never put anything in your ear smaller than your finger".

• 11 months ago

I forgot what it’s called but there is a candle you can get for ear wax that you should look into.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.