Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 months ago

What am I messing why is the movie Event Horizon so over hyped?

I've seen it and I think I understood it... am I missing something much deeper? Why is it so highly rated?

Even if it's not critically rated high, or doesn't have the highest online ratings...people absolutely love this movie.

• BRET

Over hyped? It bombed at the box office and was panned by critics, including Roger Ebert. It has perhaps become a bit of a cult classic, and I think horror fans appreciate the unique premise and unusual setting for a horror movie. It was a unique twist on an old tale, namely a glimpse into Hell.

• LilyRT

I think it's just because there aren't many horror sci-fi movies. there are a few, but they usually tend more toward dystopian, end of the world type stuff.

• Adam D

I've never gotten this either. It's a good science fiction film, but I wouldn't call it great, and certainly not "classic" material.