Why do people stare at me when my boyfriend goes off on one?

I'm dating this guy who's quite outspoken, it seems wherever we go he always clashes with people, usually staff. And when he goes off on one i'd just stand there quietly and not get involved, i certainly dont join him. We'd be in the store then he'll be complaining to the manager that one of the... show more I'm dating this guy who's quite outspoken, it seems wherever we go he always clashes with people, usually staff. And when he goes off on one i'd just stand there quietly and not get involved, i certainly dont join him. We'd be in the store then he'll be complaining to the manager that one of the other staff did this or that, then they'd stare at me like they expect me to calm him down or side against him or something. We'll be in a restaurant then he'll complain about the waiters bad attitude, then they'd look at me like they expect me to say something. Are they trying to divide us or something? I'm with him so naturally I will always side with him.