Marsha asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

My stepmom’s food doesn’t agree with me?

When my mom was still around, we would always eat a well balanced meal. Some meat with a heavy focus on fiber, fruits, and vegetables. I never suffered from any stomach problems with her cooking and it always tasted good. Then, my parents got a divorce and my stepmom usually makes frozen meats with beans or potatoes. Meats are usually chicken, pork, or anything red; beans are usually baked or pinto; and potatoes are either mashed, sweet, or fries. No fruits. No vegetables. Not only that, we also eat fast food and sweets. All of this has definitely had an effect on my stomach.

Under my step mom, I went from weighing a good 115 lbs to 285 lbs, My stomach used to not growl a lot, but now it does - loudly to where people can hear it. My stomach always bubbles and churns, sometimes loudly, after eating one of her bigger meals and I go to the bathroom far more often. And it’s rarely solid anymore, mostly chunky like chili. The bathroom trips are more urgent as well, whether it’s in the store or during class. I even had an accident in school once trying to make it to the bathroom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Marsha

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

Ask her to add more veggies to her meals. If for some whacked-out reason she won't, then buy some yourself and prepare them.

By the way, that HUGE amount of weight-gain didn't come from your stepmother's food. You just have an eating disorder, unless she lays you down on the floor, sticks a funnel in your mouth, and force-feeds you.

• Marsha8 months agoReport

I’m also going through puberty, so that and some sort of eating disorder may have contributed to the weight gain. I will certainly take your advice. Thank you! :)

• k w

either get the book or the audio, I got both, she did the work, she knows, you can play it for your mom...Food Babe...read the reviews, even the 1 star liars who are in fear,

that what you got an idea of what she's up against...she may even have a website, same name......maybe get step mom to look/listen.....best wishes...on amazon

Assuming that you aren't trolling, find some a way of getting some organic spinach (which you can steam or even microwave in 2-3 minutes). Next try to get some broccoli, and boil or steam that for 8 minutes. These veggies if you eat plenty will make a huge difference to your health. (Like in a month)

Can't do that? See if you can find some high strength Aloe Vera capsules (the ones with the gel/latex only)

• JetDoc

Sux to be you! If you don't like HER food, learn to cook your own. Maybe the rest of your family would benefit from some healthier diet choices too.