Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 months ago

How many times a week do you mop/swiffer your floors and clean house?

I want to get into a routine as i recently moved out into an apartment. How many times should I mop/swiffer the floors. How many times should I clean the apartment a week? I been washing the dishes daily (no dishwasher) and hand drying them with microfiber towels and putting them away but I am trying to figure out what to do daily and what to do every few days/every other day.

Thanks in advance :)

• Shark

only when it needs it

• David

0.25 on average

Depending on how clean and tidy you are, and that you clean any spills as you go, once or twice a week should be sufficient for a single person. If you have a family and pets running in and out all day, making a mess, then you may easily be looking at daily.

I used to. But then I get lazy so maybe once a month? I basically use the same pots and pans and dishes so I rinse the dishes in hot water and add a few drops of soap on a plate or bowl and rub it with other hand under hot water to get the grease off until plate is squeaky clean and then just put it in the dish rack to air dry. Same for pots that had butter or oil in them, they won't squeak but you can tell when they are not greasy. Rinse and in dish rack. Some things I just leave water in them(like cereal bowls) as the next day dump out the water as it has milk and old cereal and rinse and put in new cereal. Forks and spoons are also submerged as water lifts much of the stuff overnight. Rinse and use. Can do that for months. Have done it for years and have not been sick yet.

As for floors, I got carpets so MAYBE ONCE EVERY 3 months I might vacuum some of it. 5 minutes worth...and that is it..

I don't have a routine. I do those things when they need doing. How often that is for you depends on various factors, none of which we know.

• elhigh

I sweep every day, sometimes more than once per day, but mop only occasionally. Maybe not even once a month in warmer weather.

It's only in cooler, wetter weather when I think the floors really need such intensive care.

• JetDoc

It only takes a few minutes to sweep and clean up if you do it every day. If you let it go for several days, it takes considerably longer.

If you can't figure out when things need cleaned you shouldn't be living alone

• Teva

In the spring. Whether it needs it or not.

• Edwena

Use our sticky rule. As long as the floor is not sticky, it is OK. You do dishes when you run out of dishes and the paper plates are too expensive. Laundry when you run out of clothes and can't find any laying around that don't smell. You buy toilet paper when the paper towels clog the commode. Think annual instead of daily.

• STEPHEN

Love it. People are too precious about hygeien these days. It's all the advertising for cleaning products