Is it okay for me to eat this?

Today I brought a tv dinner from the store and as I open the box, I notice the plastic seal was loose leaving the food inside exposed. The box was fully closed but the plastic inside was not. I know it may cause freezer burns but is it ok to eat?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Best Answer

No way to know if it is okay to eat. It depends on how the package has been handled, from the factory through the shipping and through the stock-handling in the store .. and going home to our place.

Are you feeling lucky?

• 3 months ago

If safe it will have suffered in taste. (If a TV dinner can get any worse, that is). TV dinners are the laziest kind of eating. Try to be less lazy and take this back to the store and get your money back. Then go home and cook a couple of boiled eggs. Far more nutritious and just as quick.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It should be as the box was sealed.

• 3 months ago

To be on the safe side, exchange it for a new item next time you go to the store. Personally though I think it should be fine, because it was frozen and the box was unopened

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I would throw it away

• 3 months ago

I've eaten things like that on occasion and never had a bad outcome. I thought it might taste freezer-burned, but it didn't ....damn annoying to find it open, though.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It PROBABLY is OK, but if the item wasn't very expensive and you have other food you can eat, I wouldn't, not because of freezer burn, but because it might have been contaminated or poisoned by a disgruntled worker.

• As Mad As Birds
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

That was my first thought, but a worker could contaminate or poison food before it was wrapped, anyway. Unwrapping it and putting it in the box that way would be a little too obvious for someone who wants to cause harm. I'm guessing something at the factory just didn't line up right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.