Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 10 months ago

Can I get student American visa if I apply to community college?

Cause my dad said they give visas to students applying for normal college or university but there's a low chance I'll get a student visa since it's a community college

Is it true?

I'm Russian btw

• Foofa

Some community colleges are accredited for the purposes of gaining a student visa and others are not. So it would depend on the school in question.

If the community college you want to attend accepts international students AND has an office of international students then yes.

http://www.dcc.edu/admissions/apply/international-...

Note community colleges almost never offer student housing (dormitories) so you will have to rent an apartment.

The answer from ibu guru is correct and you should only attend a community college in the USA if you plan to continue to a full university after the two years at the college, or if you have an objective that does not involve needing a bachelor's degree.

Associate's degrees from US are not recognized or accepted in practically any other country. Since community college is useless to you back home, and you MUST return to your country immediately upon completion or termination of full-time studies, it is incredibly difficult to justify going to a community college. You need to prove your degree, education, skills, will be valuable in getting a job in YOUR country when you return home. You have to prove you are returning home!

Yes,

but it's SOOOO expensive and you don't really learn a lot.

• Lisa A

They know that this is scammigration.