Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 6 months ago

Why should I have to work harder just because the civil engineers in my country have no clue on how to design a lower cost of living?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Civil engineers?

Cost of living??

These are 2 totally unrelated subjects.

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I would love to know the basis of the question. Indeed two totally related subjects!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Your assertion makes zero sense. It almost makes sense, but not quite.

• 6 months ago

Easy...if you want to live in adequate shelter you need to afford it. Which means you have to work in a job paying enough to pay for housing.

If you live in the San Francisco CA area, you have to work harder at a higher paying job than anywhere else in the contiguous US. That results because housing, median costs, is the highest than anywhere else in the continental US.

So if you want housing there you need to have an advanced degree or comparable expertise to land and hold a high-paying job. Otherwise you live hours away and commute.

The CE can only work with the materials and labor available to them in the area where they wish to build. In San Francisco that means materials and labor that are high costing. So the CEs are limited as to how little they can sell a shelter for. They have to cover their own costs and make a profit to live on.

So they can't lower the cost of housing, you have to raise your income.

• 6 months ago

civil engineers design buildings and bridges, etc. They do NOT design cost of living. That is an economic factor and dependent on a lot of factors, but not on civil engineers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Civil engineering has nothing to to with the development of the economic system or structure of a country.

• 6 months agoReport

You're taking about the profession, I'm talking about the people who actually engineer civilization

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.