What should I do in Washington DC?

So I’m trying to visit DC next spring. I plan on 5 days total( 2 days dedicated to flying to there and flying back home) my budget is about ~$800. What attractions are free or cheap? Also is it worth visiting Nation Harbour as well?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Leave as quickly as possible.

• The Smithsonian museums on the National Mall are free, and you could probably spend an entire day in one or two. There's also Free Tours by Foot, which offers several tours of DC (but it is nice to tip your tour guide), including a Lincoln Assassination tour and also a Monuments by Moonlight.

Bring comfortable shoes, as you will be doing a lot of walking.

• 3 months ago

All National Museums are free.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I will add the national Spy museum was really interesting and fun

• DON W
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

National Harbor is not worth a visit, unless there's something very specific there for you. It's some distance from downtown DC, and transportation can be difficult.

• 3 months ago

Smithsonian museums and galleries, Old Town Alexandria, the monuments (Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson). It's worth going to Mount Vernon even though that isn't free, the National Archives

• 3 months ago

YOu are flying to Washington DC for a ONE DAY TRIP, it is a waste of time and $$$.

• Luis3 months agoReport

Actually 3 days and 2 days are dedicated to flying.

• 3 months ago

See the Capitol, the Lincoln Memorial, the Holocaust Museum, The Vietnam Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, the Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery, The Smithsonian Museum and that should pretty much cover your free 3 days. None of them are expensive, some are free. If that $800 is your budget already takes lodging into account, you'll be fine.

• 3 months ago

There's plenty to do in DC. I highly recommend the Smithsonian. There are a number of good tours of the monuments- at night by trolley, on segways, and by electric cart. Check Tripadvisor for suggestions- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g28970-A...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.