Cutting down Tree in NY State Forest?

Was wondering the fine for cutting down a tree inside state protected land in NYS. A Large pull grown tree, not for fire wood use, just to be cut down for no real reason.

Update:

Edit: ***I did not cut the tree down. I called DEC on the guy that did it. Just curious on what they would do about it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

In my state the fine is triple the fair market value of each tree that is illegally cut.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

WTH is Pull grown....OH, Full grown. You get less jail time for murder, than for cutting down a tree in the state forest protected lands. Otherwise known as a PARK. Why don't you try it in California where the Giant Redwood trees are. Just because you CAN, does not mean you should. There is also a heavy financial fine along with the PRISON sentence. And it is always Tazer the Turkey when they see you.

You need not wonder any more and there is no Mitigating circumstances a Lawyer can use to get you off.

A guy did that in my area because the tree was in the way of his view of his home. His home now has bars on the window 8"x12". He did not cut the tree down...he paid an arborist to cut the tree down for him. Still it cost him EVERYTHING FOR 10 YEARS. His house was sold to someone else. The tree was well over 100 years old. He was a new immigrant and in his home country they don't have such big trees. No excuse. In prison. And he was well off financially.,,so he could afford a good lawyer.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Have you ever cut down a tree? There are a lot more easier things to do for no reason than that. Just carrying a saw, which you don't have, to the site is more work than you have ever done. If you made a video of it so that they have proof and some way of identifying who it was, the authorities will probably pay him a visit and find out what it is about. A lot of it depends upon the tree. An anti-social type put some poison underneath a historical oak tree in Austin (?) years ago and the guy went to jail for years. Big effort to save the tree, but it died.

• bond
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Pull grown trees are worthless. Burp.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • gerald
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I don't know but a doc can help your personality problems its rather unusual

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.