Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 6 months ago

Does Oliver Norwood not appreciate what it means to play for a national team?

By retiring so early is he insulting the honor of playing for his country.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • August
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Bad news for the manager but is it such a loss by not playing for N. Ireland. Good luck with Sheffield United i say even though I'am a Leeds fan

• 6 months ago

Norwood obviously prefers to put all his energies trying to help Sheffield United this season.So cant blame him too much for that,its also his first time playing in the Premiership as I understand it.Its a career decision,so it doesnt mean he doesnt appreciate playing for his national team.As far as I am aware hes more English than he is Northern Irish anyways.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

He might want to concentrate trying to keep sheff utd in premiership and has sacrificed his international career in doing so.

• Ryan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not a big deal. If he doesn't want to play let someone who wants to play instead. He's also English so has no real passion for the north probably. BTW it is weird of him to do it rn during qualifying and the chance to play at the euros next summer still up for grabs. Maybe he doesn't like to travel. Also probably afraid to get injured on internationals now he's a prem footballer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.