Want to become an event planner but need help on how to start.?

So I've been thinking for a while of becoming an even planner, specially for weddings but I want to start off little by little with small baby showers like 20-60 people but how can I charge the clients (I've researched but I don't understand very much how it works in regards of fees and stuff like that)... show more So I've been thinking for a while of becoming an even planner, specially for weddings but I want to start off little by little with small baby showers like 20-60 people but how can I charge the clients (I've researched but I don't understand very much how it works in regards of fees and stuff like that) ? And as a planner would I need to book a venue for them, buy decorations myself and take them to the baby shower, book cakes, catering? (I mean I'm sure I need to right? That's why it's called a planner.. but I just want to make sure). Also, do you recommend to buy stuff (decorations, plates, silverware, etc..) before starting a business? How do I find out what are the typical rates in my location, because I've been googling but it just shows in general, would I have to ask them as if I were a customer?
I know these questions might sound dumb but I just need help on understanding better.
If you have anything you want to add, in case i forgot to ask something, feel free tp let me know :)