Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

Could you check if there are any mistakes in this extract (I will include all sentences in order to make you realize the meaning I'm trying to convey):

"I don't doubt that she speaks English much better than me.

Because she attended an American university.

And not only THE TEACHING WAS DELIVERED in English, but she was also required to show a high level of proficiency TO GET APPROVAL in the subjects.

Besides, by living at least 4 years in an English-speaking country, she had to communicate in English all the time, which gives oneself fluency (or the ability to speak at a normal rate), aside from BEING EXPOSED TO MANY SOCIAL SITUATIONS which are difficult to cover in programs of English as a second language."

Note: I'm particularly interested in the parts which are written in capital letters.

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

"I don't doubt that she speaks English much better than I do because she attended an American university.

(You can't begin a sentence with 'Because'. It's a conjunction - a joining word.)

Not only was the teaching delivered in English but she was also required to show a high level of proficiency to pass her exams in the subjects.

(You also can't being a sentence with 'And'. You need a verb about the teaching (was) and students don't 'get approval' - they pass exams.)

Living for four years in an English-speaking country she had to communicate in English all the time, which taught her to become fluent and able to speak at a normal rate, as well as experiencing a wide variety of social situations which would be difficult to cover in programs of English as a second language."

(Again, you don't start a sentence with 'Besides', as it's another joining word. When you write numbers the standard is to write one to ten in words, and 11 and up in figures. Don't switch from using the person as your subject to using a generalisation - she did this, she did that - so don't use 'oneself' here.

The version I've written above would be far more natural and succinct.)