Will I get denied for a pistol permit with an arrest record?

I live in Syracuse, NY and I ve wanted to apply for years now. I m just looking to get a sportsman s permit, not a concealed carry or anything like that. The only problem is I have a few things on my record. About 10 years ago I was arrested for shoplifting and let go on a conditional discharge because while we... show more I live in Syracuse, NY and I ve wanted to apply for years now. I m just looking to get a sportsman s permit, not a concealed carry or anything like that. The only problem is I have a few things on my record. About 10 years ago I was arrested for shoplifting and let go on a conditional discharge because while we were in court, the other offender admitted I didn t have anything to do with it. When I was 15 I got picked up for misdemeanor Arson and did community service. I also did community service when I was 13 or 14 for trespassing and criminal mischief. Luckily I was never charged with any felonies and basically got a slap on the hand. I m just looking for some input as to whether or not you think these arrests will get my application denied. Thank you.