Need identifying a spider in Massachusetts?

There is a web in a spirea bush in my garden. The web is a messy. Possibly a sheet web or a tangle web. We live near the woods. In the spider web, there is an egg sac. I cannot tell if it is going to hatch, or if it is the remains of the one that already has. There are a lot of spiderlings, and most of them stick... show more There is a web in a spirea bush in my garden. The web is a messy. Possibly a sheet web or a tangle web. We live near the woods.

In the spider web, there is an egg sac. I cannot tell if it is going to hatch, or if it is the remains of the one that already has. There are a lot of spiderlings, and most of them stick together in a group on the web. I can’t tell if they are slowly leaving.

Then there’s the mother. I’m assuming it’s the mother. It stays almost perfectly still, almost directly next to the web. I only know it’s alive because it changed locations overnight. It’s always hiding behind leaves. I haven’t seen it catch prey, so I don’t know it’s hunting habits.

It is about an inch to 2 inches in length, and brownish grey in color. There are yellowish bands around it’s legs, and I think it has a pattern on it’s back. I know the positions of the eyes are important in identification, but I can’t get a good look.

I thought it was a wolf spider at first, but wolf spider live in burrows and carry their babies on their backs. I haven’t seen anything like that. Then I thought it was a grass funnel spider, but apparently the mother dies after laying the egg sac? Also it doesn’t have the striped back.

TL;DR:
What 1-2 inch long spider builds webs in bushes, lays egg sacs in them and stays nearby even after the babies are born. has yellow banded legs and a brownish grey patterned back, and lives in Massachusetts?