Is it theoretically possible to pipe rats out of the attic with a recorder flute?

I noticed that the bathroom fan had quit working, and then a telephone stopped working and then the stove quit working and the outlet had no power, I then decided to look up in the attic and there were lots of rats scurrying about up there and there was rat poop all over the place. I don’t want to use poison and... show more I noticed that the bathroom fan had quit working, and then a telephone stopped working and then the stove quit working and the outlet had no power, I then decided to look up in the attic and there were lots of rats scurrying about up there and there was rat poop all over the place.

I don’t want to use poison and have them die in there so I am considering getting a recorder and trying to pipe them out like the pier piper of Hamelin did.

Would the high shrill sound of recorder music scare the rats out make them leave the attic? ThAt is sure cheaper than $1700 for truly Nolen rodent service.

Would this method work? Is it safe to try or would the rats attack me if I played a recorder in the attic?