Should this black kid have been expelled for using the N-word?

His mom wants a black-person exemption to be allowed to use the word

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-ne...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

His mother said

“At the end of the day, I’m white, and if I, or another white person, were to say that, it’s not on, but if two mixed-race kids of the same ethnic group choose to say it, it’s not racism."

His mother is correct (though she forgot to add that the mixed race person needs to be mixed with black as her son is).

We don't got a problem here, let the kid go back though we prefer to see our children educated at our own facilities so that they're exposed to the truth.

• 4 months ago

one rule for them and another for everyone else. call a spade a spade and be damned

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes, you can’t cherry pick racism (although obviously plenty do)

No surprise his darling mother doesn’t see her stupidity, no wonder her kid is as daft as she is.

• 4 months ago

He should not have been expelled. That is too harsh. However, the same rules should apply to all, so he should have been admonished gently and educated about appropriate language.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If a white kid is liable to be expelled for using the N-word that should apply to black kids as well. Blacks want one rule for them and another for us.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No I don’t think he should, true we need to learn to respect one another regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation, but we also need to learn to respect the need for freedom of speech. Freedom of belief and culture differences.

What is this school telling us? Rightly or wrongly it’s telling us tow the line or national and private institutions will ostracise you and ruin any future prospects you have. Society has become, in many ways, more oppressive on cultural engineering than any time since the Victorian era

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes he should have been. If you don't want to be called the N word you don't call anyone else or even say the N word. Blacks call each other the N word a lot, that needs to stop.

• 4 months agoReport

Maybe some blacks want to call themselves that? Needs to stop ! Because I said so

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Applying rules differently based on color of skin sounds like the definition of racism.

• 4 months ago

If he was using it abusively, aimed at another person, absolutely he should have been expelled. If it was in a private conversation, I think it depends on the context.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

everybody is treated the same, BUT he's SPECIAL !!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.