Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 11 months ago

Is it out of line for my co worker to say this?

So i work in the kitchen in nursing home ..basically i serve foood to the residents and do dishes etc. We wear aprons so sometimes my appron ends dirty like most other co workers. One time this co worker was basically look at your apron and pants while i was doing dishes was basically mad about it. Then she was like it's because I love you and I dont want people to talk behind your back and say you're dirty. I didn't like how she talked to me but i let it go at that time because i thought her heart was in the right place

Yesterday another co worker from completely different unrelated department told me that she has indeed told her that I don't work clean. I'm furious. The thing is other co owrkers aprons get dirtty throughout thier shift as well but she never says anything to her. That's just the nature of thr job. I'm not sure if I should confront her just report her to my manager ?

wait until she says something like it again and tell her the reason your apron is dirty is because YOU ACTUALLY WORK, and aren't there to stand around looking pretty. How ridiculous-that's why you wear an apron--because it is supposed to get dirty and protect your clothing while you are doing something sloppy (ie-washing dishes)

i think it is, maybe you should talk to your manager about it

Aprons usually do get dirty doing the type of work you do. Even plastic ones need to be wiped now & then. Is this stupid coworker of yours your supervisor, or your boss? If so, she should show you where the clean aprons are, so you can change yours when you need to. Or is she just another worker bee like you? If she is, she's got a lot of nerve. If "her apron" looks nice & crisp & clean" during her shift, she hasn't been doing her job. She's spending her time looking around at other's appearances, & misjudging them instead of doing her damn job. She sounds like a dumb hoe. Her heart is made of snot, so it's not in the right place. Just keep doing your best at work & ignore her. The patients at the nursing home deserve your hard work keeping their neals coming & their plates clean. That gossiping goof deserves nothing.

• Judy

If it was clean at the start of your shift, say so. Yes she's out of line. Dishwashers get dirty.

'

• `

Unless your supervisor says something to you about your performance, don't give this another thought. You could buy or ask for another apron so you can change it during your shift if you need to or ask this coworker if she has any suggestions if this subject should come up again.