Is it out of line for my co worker to say this?

So i work in the kitchen in nursing home ..basically i serve foood to the residents and do dishes etc. We wear aprons so sometimes my appron ends dirty like most other co workers. One time this co worker was basically look at your apron and pants while i was doing dishes was basically mad about it. Then she was... show more So i work in the kitchen in nursing home ..basically i serve foood to the residents and do dishes etc. We wear aprons so sometimes my appron ends dirty like most other co workers. One time this co worker was basically look at your apron and pants while i was doing dishes was basically mad about it. Then she was like it's because I love you and I dont want people to talk behind your back and say you're dirty. I didn't like how she talked to me but i let it go at that time because i thought her heart was in the right place

Yesterday another co worker from completely different unrelated department told me that she has indeed told her that I don't work clean. I'm furious. The thing is other co owrkers aprons get dirtty throughout thier shift as well but she never says anything to her. That's just the nature of thr job. I'm not sure if I should confront her just report her to my manager ?