Does declining death rates from drug-abuse,equal more "Junkies" about in our neighbourhoods?

• abdul
    Favorite Answer

It often does. When a junkie died from an OD just a few years ago, it was perceived as natural selection in action by most people. However, since a few celebrities have died from OD, it has become a "crisis". Now they have drugs that can stop an OD from killing the person and they seem to think that keeping them alive to continue to use and abuse addictive drugs is the thing to do. This is why we have more junkies around our neighborhoods.

• abdul

Your disapproval of my opinion is not going to change my mind. I know how they roll.

• Pippin

No, it means better access to treatment. (And no, it wasn't 'celebrities' that made it a crisis. It was a death rate that rose so high and so fast that more people now die from drug ODs than from car accidents.)