How do I remove raw and cooked animal substances from the mesh of shoes without damaging them?

I work in a supermarket deli. I have a pair of non-slip shoes I purchased from my store that I wear every time I go in, but they ve smelled and from attempts to clean them, I think this is coming from the mesh of the shoes. Sometimes I need to work our rotisserie oven, which means handling both raw and cooked chickens; in the process of this, some juices such as blood and grease drip onto my shoes, and I believe this is causing the stink. I ve tried a few methods of cleaning them out, but I think I need to use something that targets organic materials specifically. I ve looked into enzymatic cleaners but a lot of them seem to be focused on pet messes like urine and I m not sure if this is what I need. I ve also seen other products that claim they may stain materials they are used on so I want to be cautious. Any suggestions?

Toothpick or cocktail stick.

Use "bio" type washpowder or liquid for clothes, either in a washing machine or by hand.

Your employer should provide safety clothes as needed for your work. Ask them for appropriate shoes, or if they will not do anything get some cheap waterproof / washable shoes for work.

Depending on what kind of shoes your talking about, if they are synthetic materials (not leather), put them in a washing machine and they will come out like new. Make sure it's on the lowest heat setting. If you have a front loading machine, put them in something like a pillow case.

Remove the laces when washing and wash like you would cloathing.

Try using shoe covers, they should prevent them getting anything on them.