How do I renew vehicle registration for a car that is titled under my dads name?

My car was broken down for a while so once I got it fixed, it was past the eligibility to do it online. I went to the tax office and they told me he has to basically sign a “permission slip” saying that I am approved to renew with a copy of his ID or do it himself. My dad is currently going through health issues... show more My car was broken down for a while so once I got it fixed, it was past the eligibility to do it online. I went to the tax office and they told me he has to basically sign a “permission slip” saying that I am approved to renew with a copy of his ID or do it himself. My dad is currently going through health issues and I live a little over 2 hours away for college. I have receipts proving that I usually register the car under my name, is that enough proof for them to allow me to renew?