Windows 10 - normal computer sounds, but no audio on music or video files.?

I just bought a lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I set it up with a few different user accounts. When opened, some accounts play music files and video files with audio, but other accounts do not. The ones that don't do have functioning sound (for example, the computer makes the "bling!" sound when the... show more I just bought a lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I set it up with a few different user accounts. When opened, some accounts play music files and video files with audio, but other accounts do not. The ones that don't do have functioning sound (for example, the computer makes the "bling!" sound when the volume is adjusted), but each time a file with audio is played, no sound at all. Troubleshooters indicate there is no problem, because "sounds" work, but the audio files still won't play (in Windows Media Player, Windows "Movies & TV", and even the VLC program). Is this a fundamental flaw in the laptop or something I can tweak-to-fix?