Why does my boyfriends dad hate me and refuse to speak to me, I’ve done nothing wrong?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year and we are expecting a baby in a couple months. I’ve met his dad at numerous occasions now (family events/popping over to the house) etc, probably about a handful of times. Anyways, from the first ever time that I met him he didn’t even say ‘hello, nice to meet you’ and... show more I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year and we are expecting a baby in a couple months.

I’ve met his dad at numerous occasions now (family events/popping over to the house) etc, probably about a handful of times. Anyways, from the first ever time that I met him he didn’t even say ‘hello, nice to meet you’ and this was at a huge family event (a birthday party) so I was pretty uncomfortable and nervous anyways and I go to say hello to his dad and I just got nothing back. He just talked to my boyfriend as though I wasn’t there stood right next to him, like I was a ghost lol

Ever since then it’s always been the same whenever we’ve run into him or been at a family event like christenings and weddings etc i just feel as though he hates me and wants nothing to do with me / doesn’t give a sh*t about me. He doesn’t acknowledge me or say hello, so naturally I feel as though I can’t approach him and even start a conversation.

I’m pregnant now too and he never once has asked how I am, or how its going, how long do i have left, I’m excited etc. The usual stuff you say. NOTHING

What can I do. My due date is nearing and at this rate I won’t want him anywhere near me or the baby. Im not going to want to go to family events where he’s there, and I don’t want that to affect mine and my daughters relationship one day either. My boyfriend just says it will get better naturally but I really don’t see it happening. I want him to speak to his dad but he just says it will cause arguments