Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 months ago

How to travel without having to book a return flight? I just want to go on holiday for as long as I please and come back when I feel like it?

But they always try to make you have a fixed time to come back a return ticket and limit the number of visa extensions etc

I just want to go out to Malaysia, Thailand Australia and hang about for as long as I want in each one before moving on then eventually coming home.

Is that possible?

They wont let me leave the airport with a one way air ticket

Favorite Answer

Most countries will not allow you to enter unless you can prove that you have some means of exit - like a plane ticket. It does not have to be back to your starting airport, but it does need to be to somewhere in another country.

You can get a second ticket that takes you to the next country, and you can get one that is changeable, so you can alter your departure date. Be aware that changeable tickets are a lot more expensive than non-refundable, non-changeable ones.

DO NOT overstay the amount of time allowed on your visa. That might get you into some serious trouble.

• RICK

Almost every country requires you to have an outbound ticket

In the US many airlines will not let you board without proof you have a ticket out, it does not have to be a round trip

You can buy a full priced ticket. They allow you to change the dates. It's very expensive

Not really - tourist visas are restricted to time periods, and these countries want to be clear you're leaving when you should be!

Yes, it is called a one way ticket.