How Did the Myth of the Jeopardy Game Show Calling the NWT the Most Accurate Bible Start? Was It In Watchtower Publications?

Or was it just something promoted by overzealous JWs? Regularly I see this kind of remark from some: As far as being easiest to read, and most accurate in translating it, the game show Jeopardy, in it's research asked the question: "Which modern Bible is the easiest to read and understand and most... show more Or was it just something promoted by overzealous JWs? Regularly I see this kind of remark from some: As far as being easiest to read, and most accurate in translating it, the game show Jeopardy, in it's research asked the question: "Which modern Bible is the easiest to read and understand and most accurate? The Answer; "The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures."

Yet Jeopardy denies it. There response to a viewer

Dear Valued Viewer,
Thank you for your recent letter regarding a Jeopardy! clue.We are always glad to hear from our viewers.
The clue "What is the most accurate translation of the Holy Scriptures?" was never a clue on Jeopardy! Our database containing all our questions and answers does not have any such clue. Scripts of our games show no clues on that topic.
Our research on the origins of this "clue" has been traced to an internet rumor. We hope you continue to watch and enjoy Jeopardy!
Sincerely,
Jeopardy! Writers and Researchers

When I've challenged someone who promoted the myth to provide proof-crickets! Should JWs correct fellow JWs who promote this falsehood? It surely makes them look bad to let it stay out there.
Update: If it was in Watchtower Publications, they should have made a correction. If not, the ones who started the rumor should have been chastised-at miminum. This has been going on for over 10 years!
Update 2: Thanks, Tee. I didn't think the Watchtower Society started it, so likely just a JW who spread a story and it snowballed. I've seen the claim dozens of times over the years and have often tried to correct the teller. Most recently Yellow Canary had it included in some of her C&Ps three times in the... show more Thanks, Tee. I didn't think the Watchtower Society started it, so likely just a JW who spread a story and it snowballed. I've seen the claim dozens of times over the years and have often tried to correct the teller. Most recently Yellow Canary had it included in some of her C&Ps three times in the last month. I tried to challenge her under comments, but she either doesn't read them or ignores them. Probably because I'm not a fellow JW. I guess I'll just have to ignore these claims.