Husband refuses to move can’t find employment here?

My husband and I moved to a beach town in April 2017. We both were employed things were going well we even purchased a home. In July 2017 my company went bankrupt and I lost my job. In August 2017 I found a temporary job until December 2017. In October 2017 we lost our home in a fire. In 2018 I couldn’t find... show more My husband and I moved to a beach town in April 2017.
We both were employed things were going well we even purchased a home. In July 2017 my company went bankrupt and I lost my job. In August 2017 I found a temporary job until December 2017. In October 2017 we lost our home in a fire. In 2018 I couldn’t find work. I taught as an adjunct professor at a local college for the spring and worked at a summer camp during the summer. In December 2018 my husband was in a terrible car accident and almost died.
This year has been not so good either. I did find work in May but was notified last week that our department was closing and we are all being laid off October 1st. I finished my PhD and went to work at a university. There are only 2 schools within a 2 hour drive of where we are located. Everyone is telling me to change careers and just take anything like a part time bank teller or work in a local grocery store. I worked SO HARD for this degree and I feel like I’m throwing away my dreams so we can stay by the beach!!!

I can’t take much more of this. I have never in my life felt so depressed. I have pretty much given up on looking for employment at this point I’ve become so discouraged, we are struggling tremendously financially. He refuses to move out of this area because he loves living by the beach. Every night I take 3-5 Benadryl to make myself pass out so I can forget about all of this. I’m so miserable I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions?