gus asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

The average male eats 2500 calories a day...?

So how the **** am I suppose to lose weight? They say your suppose to burn more than you eat well I’m on the the treadmill for 1 hr and a bit burning 500 calories so that’s 1/5 of the way there meaning I have to be on the treadmill for 5 hrs a day? Wtf? Serious? **** me someone clarify this ****

• d
    Favorite Answer

You burn calories simply by being alive. Depending on your size, you might burn 1600-2000 calories a day simply doing NOTHING. The rest is burned through daily activity. Hope this helps.

I burn 2000 and I'm heavy and muscular

I'll reiterate what I said to the last girl who wanted to be spoon fish fed rather than being taught how to fish (that fish reference is something you would know if you don't like to be spoon fed).

An average is taken by taking each data point, adding them and the dividing by the number of data points. Some men eat 1000 calories, some eat 10,000 calories. The average evens out those kinks to about what's most common.

As for where the calories come from and go to, why don't you need a heat lamp like a pet lizard? The answer is you use energy, measured in calories to keep yourself warm. You create your own heat which is a form of energy. Existing, pumping blood and moving muscles all uses energy. It takes about the same amount of calories to keep you alive in a coma. Living is being on a treadmill for 24 hours a day. Which also points out the lameness of treadmills for weight loss.

well do you eat 2500 calories a day? the average male calorie intake doesn't matter. calculate how many calories you eat a day. 2500 calories a day is actually a lot

its not true. average male can eat somewhere near 1900-2000 too

Weight loss depends on what method you use to lose the weight. Some people lose faster than others.

and the Ketogenic way of eating seems to be the most healthy way. No you don't have to be on a treadmill all day long. You don't even count calories on keto.

Gus, you gave 5 stars to a moron. The average male who eats 2,500 calories per day is either obese or a laborer, not a desk jockey. To lose weight, you have to eat less. The treadmill is good, although walking/running outside is better as it is free, and you get fresh air and time to clear your head. If you're eating that 2,500 calories, dude, you are eating too much to lose weight. Cut back to 2,000 for a week and see if I am right.

• d

I didn't say he would lose weight eating 2500 calories. It depends on his basal metabolic rate and activity level. However, the average size male can burn around 2500 calories a day if they are not total couch potato.

• Eva

You add your activity calories to your BMR. That's the amount you burn in a day. To lose weight, you need to consume less than that. It's simple math.

• geezer

How are you supposed to lose weight ?

Don't eat 2500 calories a day (I only 'average' about 1800 to 2000 a day)

.. and don't just think of the treadmill as the way to burn up calories.

Walk or cycle instead of driving .. use the stairs instead of the lift .. be active instead of sitting infront of the TV or your computer for hours a day .. there are loads of ways to burn calories without even thinking about it.

• k w

to clear up much confusion and learn all about our bad habits too, ' Food Babe"

has the answers, both audio and paperback on amazon . take your time, get the audi and listen, then do as she says, she had to fight to get that way too, so she earned respect......maybe convert to mp3 and listen on you mp3 player while you work/walk/drive and so kill two birds with one stone.....win-win......the only way to lose is if you take a pass.....

You should try to eat more fruits and vegetables than meat, dairy, and other fatty foods. They contain fewer calories while filling you up.

• gus4 months agoReport

Yeah I can do that but on the average intake how am I supposed to do that?