Anonymous asked in Dining OutBrazilGoiania · 11 months ago

Physician associate UK?

So currently i am going to be heading to the second year of my biomedical degree course in the Uk in september this year, and I have been thinking about what i want to do in the future as it is rather very close. I was looking into PA but i'm not sure whether it is a career that i should definetly go for. I have heard some negatives and positives on both side. The negative that really puts me off is the fact that i am not able to work outside of the UK if i wanted to, it is fairly new so not too many jobs at the moment (not sure if this is true), not being able to progress in pay.

Is anyone a PA in the uk?? The jobs seems exciting though.

2 Answers

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    I googled it and it looked interesting. Unless you qualify as a Doctor you cant work abroad in the medical field.


    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Katie
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

    There is no such thing as a Physician's (Doctor's) Associate in the UK. Basic injections and blood tests are done by Health Care Assistants - they are told what to do by the Practice Nurse or GP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.