Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

Why isn't the Flirt Pole a more popular type of training/impulse control/exercise tool used?

It seems to be such an underrated thing to use in the dog owner community.

Favorite Answer

A good friend of mine many years ago used the exact same thing on her huskies and the lure was a dog tug rope toy her dogs loved.

It's really no different than someone throwing a ball or some other toy to chase and grab or play tug with if you think about it

Miss Blue Faced Anon,

I have a hard time posting an answer to someone who post anonymously. Why hide identity?

I guess people are not aware such a thing exists. I didn't know what it was, had to look it up. Cool gadget for dogs & cats. I think we have had this for cats for a very long time.

• Maxi

Enticing a dog to chase a fast moving lure for 99% of dogs is not a good idea, it is used to train dogs to chase, so whippet/greyhound trainers it might be useful....... a terrible idea for pet owners who by using it will encourage their pets to chase cats/rabbits/cars/bikes and even people jogging......... and that is the trouble with professional tools used by professionals that are being made and advertised to the public many of which have zero clue about training and use these tools indiscriminately

• J C

Encouraging most dogs to chase is not a good idea - there are so many other ways to exercise a dog. Encouraging chasing can bring out the prey instinct in many dogs, resulting in chasing cats and other critters they see outside.

Didn't even know what one was until I just looked it up.

Never owned a dog that it would have interested and would never be interested in training a dog to chase a lure.

• ?

Not good marketing, maybe. Ive certainly never heard of it