AnImAlLoVeR asked in PetsDogs · 4 months ago

Harness or collar for a great dane?

I am planning about adopting one

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

If you want control of your dog use a collar. You have absolutely no control of a dog in a harness. The head collar is highly suggested. If you knew how to use a choke chain, I think that would be better. But you got to study how to train the dog before you start. Know what you are going to do before you leave the house. Choke Chain is a training tool when used correctly, most people wouldn't even know the proper way to put one on a dog & most don't know how to use it & that can really hurt your dog.

Next best is the head collar, the body follows the head & a dog cannot forge forward while wearing the head collar.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Harnesses are made to enable a dog to pull a sled/cart so they take the weight and build up their shoulder muscles....... using them on pets ( unless you use it in conjunction with a collar, so two points of contact) just makes them pull while walking and build the muscles to be able to pull...... a soft collar and a dog training class to enable you to learn how to teach your rescue how to walk correctly without pulling you off balance

• 4 months ago

You / Great Dane / Harness....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovCEY7-27I

Youtube thumbnail

I suggest a head collar.

• 4 months ago

Have fun with a harness on a Great Dane .... harnesses allow and aid dogs to pull ya see, its what they were invented for afterall.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.