promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Thomas asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 10 months ago

Should veganism be challenged if vegans try to enforce veganism on everyone? Is it true that one university has banned beef?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. I hope the students at that university protest loud and long!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

As with every group, it's the vocal few that you're hearing that are making you think all vegans are militant and annoying. Most just want to eat their vegan diet and be left in peace, and don't mind what others eat.

That being said there are some that think veganism should be enforced. It won't happen. Instead of forcing people to eat one way or the other we should look into sustainable methods of farming.

Source(s): Healthy recipes: https://apple.co/2EQqlvw
  • 10 months ago

Vegans consist of roughly 5% of the worlds population.

they aren't going to have enough backup to force veganism on everyone.

As to ONE university banning beef? so what?

People pay to go to universities. Their student count will go down drastically, they will end up having to close, or only vegans will go there. so what?

• Groovy_Unicorn
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Or the students will realize the food the campus serves in the cafeteria isn't the reason they chose the institution and will still go because its just not that big a deal...

• 10 months ago

Banning beef isnt forcing you to be vegan. You can still get beef outside campus and eat it wherever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, not at all.

If a tiny minority of vegans attempt to do as you describe then they should simply be ignored. I'm in my seventies and I have NEVER come across anyone attempting to force any diet on other adults. I guess it happens but it's certainly not a problem.

Should Christianity be “challenged” because a tiny minority of Christians try to enforce Christianity on everyone?

• peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Depends...if their philosophy is bad too - like j153e's is mainly bad subjective nonsense, then YES it should rightly be challenged.

• 10 months ago

Lmfao how do you think government works..?Do you think it's run by some evil cabal of broccoli eaters who rule over everyone else...?You realize that 95% of Americans are meat eaters, right..? How in the name of God do you expect a BAN on meat to pass in those circumstances..? Nobody would accept it.

I'm sorry I answered your insane question with a series of reasonable ones.

Source(s): Some friggin sense
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes it should. They have a war of attrition against the evils of farming, and they think you can all go berry-picking 12 months of the year and that salad veggies and spinach grow in the Canadian Arctic in December.

Traditional mixed farming with crop rotation is the way to go; certainly not destroying our precious soil with monocultured cereals. You should eat less meat, not none at all. But they don't like this because they believe that even if millions of people adopt this cut back, the evil of meat eating is still being permitted.

Uni, policy? Well, those fake-education-factories already protect snowflakes from hearing unpleasant truths and only allow commercially inspired research.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.