2005 Chevy Malibu starting?

I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu. Recently it started struggling to start, like when sitting over night you can tell it s not wanting to, but typically does... Yesterday I noticed after running into the store real quick, I had to wait a min after I got back in to get it to where it would go a head and fire... It just struggled to turn... I also noticed a burning rubber smell as well - this is the only time I ve noticed that... What could it be? Battery? Starter? Something else???

Did you check the oil level? Make sure it’s not dark brown or black, and it’s between min and max. Also, get the alternator and battery checked. Hope this helps.

• May

It "could" be most anything. How would strangers on the internet know ?

It's too hard to tell, I'd go to a mechanic right away because if you smell something burning it may turn into an engine fire!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • audrey

Take it to an auto parts and have them test the battery. Even if that's not it, if they smell the "burning smell", they very well might have some suggestions.

I have no idea.