Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 8 months ago

I smoked a cigarette for the first time this weekend. Is that bad?

I will NEVER do this again. I just wanted to try it once, but in hindsight this was foolish. I took 4-5 puffs then threw the rest of the cigarette on the ground and crushed it. Do I have anything to worry about? I know how addictive and dangerous they are. I definitely won’t try them ever again

• PAMELA

No, if you only smoked half a cigarette no harm has been done.

No, actually its quite GOOD- as everything the government tells you about smoking is a lie, given the government's poor track record for telling the truth elsewhere, you believe this crap the government says about smoking (noting that all of the studies are funded by the government and Big Pharma)? Nope- the dangers of smoking is nothing more than liberal propaganda to fund Big Pharma.

• Nicolas C8 months agoReport

That is horrible advice! You are telling people it’s good to smoke and that it’s all a lie ffs!!! Obviously you’ve never met anyone with lung cancer caused by smoking! OP PLEASE SONT LISTEN TO THIS GOOFS ADVICE. But to answer your question, one single cigarettes is not going to kill you.

don't give up so easily, bro...your doctor needs to make for his own living from something

No - that's good - it looks like you now know not to ever try it again.

It wont do you any harm but if you decide to go with the flow and try it again and again you will get addicted.

Just trying it once - you will be fine. I am glad that you decided never to do it again. Not only for your health, and the people around you health, but also because such things as it smells, ruins your teeth, makes you have bad breath, gets holes in your clothes, stops you from littering,etc etc etc.

'I know how addictive they are', 'I definitely won't try them ever again'.

If you DEFINITELY won't try them ever again, then do you feel addicted?

You will inhale more fumes and harmful gases walking beside a busy road.

You should worry about being a litter bug and that's about it

• Cogito

No - trying one isn't going to hurt you.

I smoked five or six one afternoon when I was 14 and was pressurised into it - although I only inhaled once and spent the next five minutes coughing and trying not to puke! That's when I realised that all I had to do was say NO and mean it. No-one ever pressurised me into doing something I didn't want to again!

I've not had another since, and I'm 65 now.

• mokrie

You have to be joking. I took a bite of a cookie once--will I weigh a thousand pounds because of it? My question is just as dumb as yours.