Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

From where can I get a Pomeranian dog?

They are not in shelters got sure. And I do not see any breeder in my area.

In fact in 100 mile radius also I find it difficult to locate Pomeranian breeder

I live in Northern Virginia. I need a very well behaved adult Pomeranian aged 2 to 5.

Maxi: Thank you. But they are senior or bit too old Pomeranians. I'm looking for a young one.

Look for breed specific rescues. A lot of times these dogs live with a family and the family knows about the dogs likes and dislikes and also any training the dog has had. These dogs need a home.

At a shelter or rescue but you won't find any dog that is well behaved off the bat. You have to TRAIN the dog and since you won't and will dump the dog since you are too lazy to train it

Here is what google found when I googled you question.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pomeranian+breeder...

Lots of place right there near you. But do you want a good quality dog or a poorly bed one from a BYBer? BIG difference in price. You could also google, 'Pomeranian Rescue in Virginia' they rescue Pom & their X's.

If you want a good quality dog & willing to pay the price, contact the national breed club, contact them asking where the reputable breeders are close to you.

• J C

You contact your local breed club, and ask them for a list of breeders. The absolute ONLY way you are going to get a well behaved older dog is if you find a breeder about to retire one of their breeding dogs. Most females are retired at that age, or some dogs just don't pan out in the show ring. Rescues also get adults who may or may not be well trained - owners die, or circumstances change and the rescue ends up with the dog. What you are asking for is not going to be easy to find, and you would need to be patient. Don't look on Craigslist - the sellers generally lie about the health/behavior/age of any pet they want to get rid of.

Go to the relevant Breed Club where you should find recognised REPUTABLE Breeders. Most Breed Clubs have Codes of Ethics which should rule out known BYBs.

I'd not think about buying from some online website. You must go visit the breeder, see their adults so you know what you will be buying in one of their puppies and see mum with her litter. You may well have to travel, but wouldn't it be worthwhile, to get a well-bred puppy? Avoid Pet Shops and anybody who says they will deliver.

• Jojo

Why do you NEED a `VERY well behaved` adult dog?

What is wrong with getting a young dog or puppy and training it yourself to be well behaved?

A `very well behaved` adult Pom is very likely going to be a much loved pet and not one to be sold on for no good reason.

Its no wonder you cannot find one anywhere.

Also this is NOT a dog finding forum and its main function is to help dog owners who are having problems with their dogs behaviour or health.

And WHY, I ask ...do you feel the need to be a blue faced anonymous user.

Jmo.

• Maxi

A couple of seconds of searching I found these. spend some time searchng and I am sure you can find others

https://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/80907-no...

http://pomeranian.rescueme.org/Virginia