jason asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 4 months ago

Math question?

I buy in with $5 at a poker table and I am given $5 worth of chips. I lose all those chips and buy back in with another $5. I end the game with $8 worth of chips. How much can I exchange those $8 worth of chips for?

Most people don't seem to be reading the question. There's no math here.

You exchange $8 worth of chips gor............... $8.

What else has happened counts for nothing.

$8 dollars you made $3

• Joe

You put in 10, walked away with 8. You are down 2 bucks but so much the wiser.

Cash it in for $2. Leave wherever it that penny poker game is. Get into your vehicle and proceed to the nearest gas station. Now you can cash that $2 in to the attendant for gas in you car. Drive over to the closest ATM put in your card and take out $50 (or more) so you can goto a poker table where if you sit down with $5 you will be laughed out of the game. Hope this was helpful.

Considering there's a 1:1 ratio for currency to chips... you already answered your own question... You have $8 worth of chips, so converting it back will net you $8.

It’s $8

You’re down 5 so you’d technically only be up $2

• ?

Im guessing you could probably trade it for a preschool education wherever you live?

What you lose does not count, only what you win. If you have $8 worth of chips at the end, they are worth $8.

Is this a trick question? $8.