Caesar asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

I think my cats anal gland ruptured?

I think my cats anal glands ruptured ?

One day I see my cat fine then the next I see her with a bit of patch of hair gone besides her butt (anus) and also seems like blood but it isn’t in the same area. I looked it up and I think her anal gland ruptured but I’m not certain. Can someone help thank you. This is also a week after her check up as well if that helps.

• J C

The fact that she was there a week ago only shows that you are a responsible person - it's not a 'guarantee' that something can't go wrong. Call the vet office and ask for their advice - these things are in a "dirty" spot and can get infected. They may advise you to bring him in, may advise you to keep an eye on it. If that is what they suggest, as how/if it should be cleaned. Don't be cleaning it without vet recommendations as home remedies can make things worse. If you can get a CLEAR picture on your cell phone, offer to email that to the vet. I had an elderly cat have an anal gland rupture - his was very red and runny looking and he needed antibiotics for the infection. After it healed, he was fine and never had another issue (although you can bet I looked every day, LOL!).

• PR

Take kitty back to the vet. This sounds serious, so you need to talk with and have the cat seen by someone who has gone to veterinary school. Call the vet and tell them that shortly after the cat was seen, you are finding blood.

The only person to examine, diagnose and treat, is a qualified vet. There are none on here, and we can only offer guesses,. If this is a rupture - your cat needs a vet a-sap.

A vet is who can help. Certainly no one can tell what's wrong online, much less do anything to fix whatever is wrong.