Will I get approved to finance or lease a car?

I really could use a new(new to me) car because my work required a lot of driving. I don’t want to waste my own, or a dealers time so I figured I’d ask on here. I’m 24 and a recent graduate. While in school, I lost my full time job and got in to some debt and credit trouble while trying to pay rent, pay tuition and... show more I really could use a new(new to me) car because my work required a lot of driving. I don’t want to waste my own, or a dealers time so I figured I’d ask on here. I’m 24 and a recent graduate. While in school, I lost my full time job and got in to some debt and credit trouble while trying to pay rent, pay tuition and pay for food and things I needed to get through the school year. But things are going well now and I’ve had a great job for a while now and can afford to save a decent down payment and make monthly payments for a car. Starting a few months ago, I started making around $5500 a month as a self employed contractor with very stable work and can show pay stubs for the last few months if needed. My credit is around a 570-580 last time I saw. My rent is $700. And I have a POS Hyundai Santa Fe I can trade in for probably around $1500 trade in value. If I lease, it would have to be high mileage. What king of price range of a car (if any) would I get approved for and how much monthly would I expect to pay? Also how much of a down payment should be necessary for me to save? I’m open to all options so please help:)
13 answers 13