Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 4 months ago

I found week old motherless field mice that I tried to feed tell they could live on there own but after research I don’t think they can?

I don’t know what to do with the mice if anybody has any suggestions

Throw them int eh trash. they are nasty pests that carry dangerous diseases and parasites

Unless you have a little know how and prepared, this can be a challenge that often ends in failure.

Week old fuzzies, their eyes would not be open and still nursing. If there is no chance of a surrogate, it means hand nursing. Here is a series of videos from newborn to weaning, covers most of the do's and don'ts.

A large litter is nearly beyond hope, you may be able to save 3 at the expense of the rest, but this is a 24/7 challenge and undertaking even for a single pup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNX2byHbppM

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLIxj-hHVU0wJJq40wp6TOs2tEO05H98pp

I had to learn all this from a vet without who's help, my little mouse would not have survived.

Success, you will be hard pressed to find a more bonded pet, that can be noted with this channels other videos.

• PAMELA

Leave them alone, they will be fine, there are millions of field mice, you cannot save them all.

I’m surprised they lived that long without a mother. Without a mother to hide them, they would be easy prey for other animals. Even a little squeak would draw attention.

You’ll probably have to keep them as pets.