Movies Section: What are your thoughts on Face/Off (1997)?

With John Travolta (as Sean Archer/Castor Troy) and Nicolas Cage (as Castor Troy/Sean Archer)

If you haven't seen this movie, never ever heard of, or never like this movie; please do not answer this question!!!

• Spike
    Favorite Answer

It good and the best John Woo can do outside of Hong Kong. That is as close as it can be to the level of action like his movies The Killer and Hard Boiled. He also tried have his theme the meaning of life in telling the story.

I think it is bizarre. I saw it few months so it's been a while but I remember that Jack wanted to switch faces with John for some reason. I think it was so that John could be in jail and Jack could be out. Just the fact that he does is messed up. Then John's wife and kid were involved. Weird. I felt bad for John, his wife, and kid.

It's probably Nicholas Cage's best movie. Not that that's saying much.

IMO it is cage's best work.

But that isn't saying much.

It's OK I guess......

• Mark

It was something in its day - more of a novelty idea, than a really compellingly told story.

Very implausible......good actors......stupid dialogue.......lame movie......worst nicolas cage movie ive ever seen.

It was alright, nothing memorable. Worth a watch on a rainy day.

• John

A bit confusing as they swap faces back and forth.