Matthew asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

When should I get help for suicidal thoughts? Or what should I do period.?

I won’t go into detail because I don’t feel like there’s much point, but every day it’s getting worse. It’s all I think about even when I’m distracted doing other things in the back of my mind it’s the one constant thing there. I feel like I’m in so much pain I bawl my eyes out every time I’m alone for more than a few minutes, I’ve lost all motivation to do anything I just sleep all day when I’m not working, I’ve become a recluse from all the people in my life because I never feel like talking to any of them, none of my old interests bring me joy anymore. I don’t feel like I can talk about things to anyone because no one i know wants to hear sad stuff or cares much more than a “hope things get better” and then go on about their days forgetting everything we talked about, and even if they did talking just seems pointless because I’ve realized no amount of words will change anything that’s happened. I can barely function at my job. And I’ve been getting told that I look act and sound like a real life zombie because apparently lately anytime someone interacts with me all they get in return as a reaction is “ahh” or “yeah” and I just don’t know what to do I’ve been on anti depressants and they’ve never worked... I have 2 little girls and they’re literally the only thing that makes me smile anymore. They’re the only light in my life and the only reason I’m here is for them. The only way I’ve made it so long is just from roughing it out every day. what should I do

Your question can be answered two ways. I can give you advice for how to deal with a moment of crisis, but I think you also want to know how to recover from depression.

Coping

It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. The video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

Recovery

This is complicated. There's no one size solution. I can tell you though that there's a variety of self-help methods that enhance the effects of the standard treatments, and they're good for all kinds of depression.

The things you want to tell your family doctor are how you feel at different times of day and any symptoms you might have like change of appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

This answer has lots of information.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181...

If you just don't kill yourself

• Matthew9 months agoReport

Glad it’s that easy to you. I’m trying, actually... every day in fact, to do exactly as you said and not call myself. And it hurts so ******* much and is taking so much of my strength I almost can’t keep it up any longer. But your right it’s as easy as just not doing it, living is the hardest part.